Monday, May 6, 2013

Dangerous Mercy ~ Kathy Herman


Dangerous Mercy ~ This book is the second one in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series by Kathy Herman. There is a bathtub killer on the loose in Les Barbes (in southern Louisiana). The killer is targeting CEO's and presidents of major companies that have had major layoffs and cut-backs. The killer is killing in the bathtubs and spray painting numbers on the walls. This is an intense thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seats, and flipping the pages. 

Toward the end of the book, one of the characters, Adele Woodmore, starts singing a song, In The Garden. This song is my Mom, Aunt's, and Grandmothers favorite song. It was my grandmothers song and it was played at her funeral. The day I finished the book and came across the song was the same evening my mom and aunt had spent the day with family. The family was burying my cousins husband who died in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. It was a Total God Thing for me to come across this song the same evening my family was encountering such a great loss to the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment