Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Favorite Author and Series

This is my Robin Jones Gunn Collection ~ A couple of the books are missing as I have loaned them out to friends. You can tell some of the bindings are well worn on these books. I have read them Many Many times. 

Most people who know me, know I love to read. The first series that I really enjoyed was The Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. Since that series, Robin has written a series about Christy's friend Sierra, Her Best Friend Katie and Christy & Todd, The College Years.


Christy Miller Series: 3-in-1 Collection, Volume 1
Volume 1, which includes the first 3 books


Christy Miller is 14 and visiting her Aunt and Uncle in Newport Beach, CA for the summer. During the summer she meets friends and learns lessons about true friendship, being a "God-lover" and life in Southern California. In the 2nd book Christy and her family move to California, (about an hour n a half from her aunt and uncle). The rest of the books follow Christy through high school and into college as she learns to be the Christian and adult that God wants her to be.

Christy & Todd: The College Years, 3-in-1

I have read everyone of these books many times. They are great books for a teenage girl to start reading and a light easy read for young adults. As Christy grows up you fall in love with her, Todd, their relationship, her best friend Katie and all the friends of the God-lovers.

Secrets, Glenbrooke Series #1I enjoy an author who carries their characters into their other books. After reading the Christy Miller series and falling in love with almost all the characters, I went on to read the Glenbrook series. Robin takes some of the characters from the Christy Miller series and develops them more in the Glenbrook Series. The most current series is the SisterChick series.


Check out Robin's website http://www.robingunn.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am a Brazilian fan of Robin and saw your link in her facebook. Pretty beautiful your books collection! I don't have all books yet, only Christy Miller, The College Years, Katie Weldon and Glenbrooke.

    Kisses!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then start with Sisterchicks next. They even mention a couple of her charaters from the christy miller series.

    ReplyDelete