Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Night Passage ~ By Robert B Parkerl

I just finished "Night Passage" which is the first book in a new series for me. The book was first published in the late 90's but a friend here in Cali just recommended the author to me. This book is the start of a series on a cop by the name of Jesse Stone.

There have been a couple of made for tv movies about this character. Jesse Stone is played my Tom Selleck. Robert B Parker has passed away and another author has bought the rights to write about the Jesse Stone character.

Jesse Stone is an ex-LAPD officer who is recently divorced and an alcoholic. He moves to Paradise, Mass and becomes their chief of police. He has a couple of murders to solve and some mob ties to clean up. The previous chief was run out of town and you get to figure out why. This is an easy read, that flows nicely. I am excited to read the next book in this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment